Author of Tall Dark and Kilted and Boot Camp Bride, Lizze Lamb talks about her best day ever and why changing the price of her latest book, made a difference!
The other day, after a successful Amazon Countdown promotion for Boot Camp Bride where I sold 489 downloads (UK and USA) I changed the price from £2.50 to £1.99 to see if I could find more readers while I was on the crest of a downloading wave. Amazon is all about being visible to readers, and after my UK promo I was #18 in HUMOUR #24 in ROMANTIC COMEDY and #29 in FICTION and #851 in the KINDLE STORE rankings. Not bad when you consider how many books there are in Romantic Fiction. Then, to my surprise, when I checked my daily statistics (one advantage of being an indie author) the following morning I discovered that I’d sold a further 89 downloads of Boot Camp Bride at the new price of £1.99.
When I asked my (non-writer) friends what induced them to download a book they said:
· price (no more than £1.99 for a kindle download)
· amazon promos – especially Kindle Countdown deals
· attractive cover and blurb
· number of reviews 3 stars and above
· having read and enjoyed other novels by the same author/ personal recommendations
· knowing the writer personally via (non-promotional) Facebook and Twitter interaction
· downloading SAMPLE chapters and then wanting to read on
I I thought other writers might find this little post helpful. What helps to sell YOUR novels?
NOW go and grab your copy!
Boot Camp Bride - Romance and Intrigue on the Norfolk marshes
Tall, Dark and Kilted - Notting Hill Meets Monarch of the Glen
"when I'm not writing - I'm dreaming"