With just a few simple steps you can make a trailer for your book and bring a whole new look to marketing your baby! Come on let's have a go!
In this short help post we will make a very simple trailer with pictures and words!
If you have Windows Movie Maker, open it and let’s begin.
Let’s start by adding a picture.
- Go to - Capture Video and click on Import Picture. You can browse on your computer
- Your picture will appear in the Collection frame - now Drag imported picture to your storyboard at the bottom of your screen
- Import another picture and drag to your storyboard
- Keep doing this until you have around 6 pictures on your storyboard
- Now let’s add some words – note on your storyboard you have a line (on my laptop it is a thin blue line that runs from top to bottom and is found at the very beginning of the storyboard), place your mouse on this line and you can then move the line between frames (pictures)
- Move the line back to the beginning of your storyboard
- Now move your mouse to Edit Movie – click on Make Titles and Credits
- Now click on Add Title at Beginning of Movie – now key in your title in the box, then scroll down and click Done. You will now see that the first frame on your storyboard is your title!
- Now you need to add a few words for each of your pictures.
- To do this you will need to move the line to the beginning of each picture, then go to Edit Movie – click on Make Titles and Credits, then click on Add Title Before the Selected Clip
- Type in the box what you want to appear before the picture, then scroll down and click Done
- Do this for all your pictures
- Now the best part, play the video and you will see what you have created so far!
- Let’s now add the credits – move the line to the end of your pictures on your storyboard. Now go back to Edit Movie – click on Make Titles and Credits, then click on Credits at the End
- Add your credits in the box and then scroll down and click on Done
- If you want to you can move any of your pictures of word frames around on your storyboard by simply dragging them to where you want them to be. In other words you can change the order!
- Give it a go!
- Now let’s save this version of your trailer.
- Go to Finish Movie – click on Save to my Computer
- Follow the instructions
Now you have the basics of making a trailer. There is much more you can do and now that you have the confidence to make this basic trailer, you can play around with all the other options. These allow you to add music, add voice, change fonts, change colours, change the way your frames appear and much more.
And of course when it is complete you can add it to Youtube for the word to see!
Enjoy movie making!
Here is the first trailer I made for Sometimes It Happens…
Find out more about Pauline by visiting our Author, Books, Trailer & Review Pages